Yep, I'm late to publish all my posts about Moscow. Don't worry, I'm not back there.. Still in Melbourne!
Conditions Meteorologiques: -5 degres annonces, pas trop de vent, couvert.
Weather: -5 degrees, no wind but no sun either!!
Aujourd'hui j'ai decide de ma balader dans les rues, de voir quelques eglises et surtout un peu d'architecture :)
Today I decided to go for a long walk in the city. Yeay!
Belorusskaya Station:
Je prends le metro a Belorusskaya Station, la station la plus proche de mon hotel.
Few pictures of Belorusskaya Station, the closest station from my hotel.
Arbatkaya Station:
Arrivee a Arbatkaya Station.
Marche a Moscou: Novy Arbat:
Je voulais aller sur Arbat Street (rue assez touristique et qui au XVIIIeme siecle etait consideree par la noblesse russe comme l’endroit le plus prestigieux pour s’etablir à Moscou). Je me suis un peu perdue, du coup je me suis retrouvee sur Novy Arbat, pas tres loin,s mais dans un style different (gratte-ciels sovietiques faits de beton, d'acier et de verre).
Walk in Moscow: Novy Arbat:
The original plan was to go on Arbat street. It's known to be a bit of a touristy place and few centuries ago, the Russian nobility considered it as the most prestigious living area in Moscow. Anyway, I got a bit lost and ended up on Novy Arbat instead, which is lined by Soviet skyscrapers made of steel, concrete, and glass.
Marche a Moscou: Arbat Street:
Walk in Moscow: Arbat Street:
Yep, it is quite cold!
When I saw the Starbucks coffee, I thought to myself: 'God a Starbucks here... I hate them, same chain everywhere, lalala', usual Marie stropping O:) But I took a picture for Vanessa and Marie cause I know they love it.....
Ce mur se compose de centaines de petits carreaux peints par des enfants sovietiques.
Wall of Peace on Arbat:
The wall consists of hundreds of tiles, individually painted by Soviet schoolchildren on the theme of international friendship.
Ministere des Affaires Etrangeres:
Ce batiment fait partie des 'Seven Sisters', nom donne au groupe des sept batiments identiques suivant le style Stalinien. Ils ont ete construits entre 1947 et 1953.
Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs building:
It is part of the 'Seven Sisters', name given to a group of identical skyscrapers designed in the Stalinist style. They were built during between 1947 and1953 in an elaborate combination of Russian Baroque and Gothic styles and using the American skyscrapers technology.
Marche a Moscou: Autour de Starokonnyusheny Per:
Walk in Moscow: Around Starokonnyusheny Per:
Green Wooden House:
Canadian Embassy:
Me, frozen, praying, hoping that a Starbucks would be on my way....
Marche a Moscou: Autour de Ul Prechistenka:
Walk in Moscow: Around Ul Prechistenka:
Building Maintenance Committee:
Chaussures fourrees!
C'est plus possible!!!!!!!!!!! Je suis tout simplement congelee.... Le pire de tout ce sont mes petits pieds... Du coup j'ai decide d'investir dans des bottes moches et pas cheres mais fourrees!!!! Direction un centre commercial pres du Kremlin.
La des mon entree je decouvre un stand de cremes glacees... Je me dis mais ils sont debiles ou quoi? Qui va acheter une glace quand il fait -5 degres maximum dehors??? Ils vont fermer tres tres vite....!! 3 minutes plus tard, j'avais decouvert 3 autres stands de glaces et croise des dizaines de personnes en mangeant...
Furry boots!!!!
I can't take it anymore!!!! I am just frozen... Mainly my feet...
So I decided to go to a shopping centre to buy myself some awful and cheap but really furry boots!!!!
While I was in this shopping centre, I saw an ice cream stall and I was like 'Are they mad? Who is going to buy ice creams of them, this is ridiculous...'. Well, after 2 minutes spent there, I discovered around 3 other ice cream stalls and at least 10 people eating ice cream.... Weird.....
Park Kultury Station:
Metro pour rentrer a la maison, nouvelles bottes fourrees aux pieds!
Got the metro to go back to the hotel with my new furry boots on :)