Et c'est parti, en route direction les Pinnacles en passant par Lancelin!
Up early! Still had to wait for the campsite reception to open to give them a few bucks for my shower!
Off I go!
Lancelin Lookout:
Vues sur les dunes.
View on the sand dunes.
Lancelin Sand Dunes:
J'ai essaye de trouver un tour en quad mais rien a part du 'sand board' qui n'avait pas l'air vraiment interessant... J'ai donc juste fait une petite ballade dans les dunes!
I tried to find a quad bike tour but only found boards to rent to go sandboarding which didn't seem that fun... So I only took a little walk!
Lookouts:
En route vers les Pinnacles.
On the way to the Pinnacles.
The Pinnacles, Nambung National Park:
Le désert des Pinnacles est célèbre pour ses milliers d'étonnantes concrétions rocheuses calcaires, menhirs naturels de taille et de formes variées, qui surgissent du désert et dont les plus hautes peuvent atteindre quatre mètres. Au moins 3 differentes theories pourraient expliquer la creation des Pinnacles, dependant aucune n'a ete confirmee....
The raw material for the limestone of the Pinnacles came from seashells in an earlier epoch rich in marine life. These shells were broken down into lime rich sands which were blown inland to form high mobile dunes. The mechanisms through which the Pinnacles were formed from this raw material are the subject of some controversy, three mechanisms having been proposed, none has been confirmed....
Cranky!
Cervantes:
Avant de me diriger vers la plage, j'essaye de planifier un peu ma nuit! Coup de chance, le camping de Cervantes (environ 20kms des Pinnacles) a un site avec de l'electicite! :)
Before heading to the beach I tried to plan my night! Quite lucky, Cervantes campsite is the first I'm stopping at and they have 1 last free site AND it's powered! :)
Thirsty Point Beach:
A quelques kms des Pinnacles, Thirsty Point Beach, un peu de crepage quand meme sinon ca serait pas des vacances!
Thirsty Point Beach, in Cervantes, few kms away from the Pinnacles, crepe time :)
The Pinnacles, Nambung National Park:
De retour pour le coucher du soleil! Oui je me suis un peu amusee avec toutes ces ombres!
Back for sunset! Yes, I did have some fun with my shadow...
