Nope, I'm not back in Moscow... I'm just really really late to post my adventures there!
Conditions Meteorologiques: -5 degres annonces, pas trop de vent, couvert.
Weather: -5 degrees, no wind but no sun either!!
Je me leve vers 9h. La veille, j'avais demande a mon chauffeur de taxi a quelle heure se levait le jour et il m'a dit 8h 8h30... Je regarde par la fenetre et il fait pas du tout jour encore.... Je vais prendre ma douche, je fais 2 ou 3 trucs... 11h, je suis prete a partir... Je regarde par la fenetre... Il fait toujours pas jour... Ah ben non, il fait jour en fait, c'est juste qu'on ne voit pas le soleil et qu'il y a comme un enorme nuage gris et bas qui recouvre la ville...
I got up at around 9am and was all excited. I had a look by the window and it didn't look like the sun raised yet.. Weird cause my taxi driver told me the day before that the sunrise was at around 8 or 8:30am.. At around 11am I'm ready to go and I have another look by the window... It looks the same... The colours are the same... I guess the sun is up!!??!!?!... Except we can't see it as it's hidden by a massive grey and really low cloud....
Depart de l'hotel:
Alors la j'etais encore pleine d'espoir (mais sous l'effet du decalage horaire!) ! Je me disais oh, -5 ca doit pas etre si terrible.....
Leaving the hotel:
Still full of hope (but quite jetlagged...)! Thinking -5 shouldn't be that bad......
La Place Rouge:
Oui j'ai du prendre le metro de l'hotel a la Place Rouge et non je ne me suis pas perdue! Je dois dire que le metro Moscovite n'a rien a voir avec le RER B ou la ligne 13 ! Apparemment en heure de pointe c'est bonde, mais il y a un train environ toutes les 2 minutes, oui ! Toutes les 2 minutes !
Voila quelques photos. Je ne suis entree ni dans le Kremlin ni dans les eglises parce que j'ai attendu mon p'tit Romain qui m'a rendu visite le weekend suivant ! :)
Red Square:
I took the metro, quite an experience as everything is in Russian but it's quite easy in the end. The great thing about it is that you never ever wait for a train as there is one every 2 minutes!!!
I went to have a look at the Red Square first! Didn't go in the Kremlin or in any churches there cause I was waiting for my friend Romain who was coming to visit from Paris following weekend!
Central Lenin Museum
Entree sur la Place Rouge - Red Square Entrance
GUM, centre commercial aux marques de luxe - GUM, fancy department store
Musee d'histoire - State History Museum
Kazan Cathedral
Kremlin
GUM et la patinoire installee provisoirement - GUM and the temporary ice rink
Kremlin
Interieur de GUM - Inside GUM
At that point I had lost all my believes about -5 degrees being ok..... I stayed in GUM for a bit to get warm again!
L'un des 4 ou 5 couples de maries que j'ai vus sur la Place Rouge - One of the mumerous freshly married couples I've seen on the Red Square
Mais comment font les filles pour etre en jupettes et talons hauts avec une temperature pareil et de la neige partout ?????Can someone explain to me how the girls can wear skirts and high heals without dying frozen or without falling in the snow....
Cathedrale Saint-Basile - St Basil's Cathedral
Kremlin, Place Rouge, GUM and Cathedrale Saint-Basile - Kremlin, Red Square, GUM and St Basil's Cathedral
Vue depuis un pont sur la Moscow River - View from a bridge on the Moscow River
St Basil's Cathedral
GUM
Tombe de Lenine - Lenin's Tomb
Patinoire installee provisoirement - Temporary ice rink
Tombe de Lenine - Lenin's Tomb
Musee d'histoire - State History Museum
La Tombe du Soldat Inconnu devant le Kremlin - Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in front of the Kremlin
Alexandrovsky Garden & Kremlin
Musee d'histoire - State History Museum
Station Teatralnaya:
Teatralnaya Station:
Marche dans Moscou (quartier Zamoskvorechie):
Walk in the city (Zamoskvorechie area):
Moscow River
Eglise de la Resurrection - Resurrection Church in Kadashi
Dans l'eglise de la photo ci-dessous, superbe experience. Il y avait une ceremonie avec un groupe d'hommes chantant a capella.Great experience in the church of the picture below. There was some king of ceremony with a group of men singing a capella.
Virgin of Consolation of All Sorrows Church
Eglise de St Nicolas - Church of St Nicholas in Pyzhi
Eglise de St Nicolas - Church of St Nicholas in Pyzhi
Couvent de Martha et Mary - Martha and Mary Convent
Couvent de Martha et Mary - Martha and Mary Convent
Eglise St Catherine - St Catherine Church
Eglise de St John le Guerrier - Church of St John the Warrior
Residence de l'Ambassadeur de France - Residence of the French Ambassador
Residence de l'Ambassadeur de France - Residence of the French Ambassador
Eglise de St John le Guerrier - Church of St John the Warrior
Une messe etait en cours quand je suis entree dans cette eglise. J'ai essaye de me mettre dans un petit coin mais visiblement je ne me trouvais pas a la bonne place pour le protocole. Une petite mamie m'a placee et m'a montre quoi faire... Tout ca grace au langage des signes! J’adore ce genre d’anecdotes dans un voyage :)A mess was happening when I entered in this church. I tried not to disturb anything and went in a little corner of the church. An old lady came to ‘move’ me as apparently I wasn’t on the right side of the church. She tried to show me what to do during the mess, etc. A really good sharing/local moment :)